ASUS A3 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASUS A3 battery

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top Four Tips to build a High Performance Team

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Top Four Tips to build a High Performance Team Empty
PostSubject: Top Four Tips to build a High Performance Team   Top Four Tips to build a High Performance Team Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:24 pm

I have a addiction reading books during train journeys and a few weeks ago I was travelling to my home town, that is 800 KM away in the city I reside in to see my mother plus grandmother. This time I learn a book named "The One minute Manager Builds High Accomplishing Teams" by authors Ken Blanchard and additionally Kenneth Blauchard. My brand new boss, a very nice person from US, who wants to assist me to grow my management skills, offered this book as present when he recently seen our offshore offices. The actual book was very interesting. It clearly delivers major concepts and strategies regarding how to build high performance teams. It talks about team dynamics; it talks about how to build a team; how in order to lead a team as well as team coaching. The writer says, most of the teams go through the certain sequential stages which is the manager's role during each stage to become a high performance team. Here are the "sequential stages" as mentioned in the book with some commentary on my own. Orientation Stage: At this stage, the team members have little understanding of tasks. They do not know each other well and their roles and responsibilities are not clear. The team members' anticipation are high and efficiency is less. There mindset is more of "me" instead of "we" or "ours". Manager roles at this stage: Create a common reason; set roles and goals, and provide directions. Dissatisfaction Stage: At this stage, there is some progress however the results aren't optimal. The team also exhibits emotions exuding how the expectations are difficult to become met and feel a little frustrated about meeting the goals and to fulfill their roles along with responsibilities. At this stage the actual team morale and productivity still appears to be low and the mindset is still "me" rather than "we". Manager roles at this stage: Encourage team members expressing their feelings of let-downs and confusion; encourage them to express their thoughts and opinions and help them to your workplace together. In summary, behave as a coach and aid the team. Integration Phase: At this stage, the team members are starting to really feel better; they seem to possess acquired the knowledge and skills required to perform their tasks. They show willingness to assist other team members. The team starts to make use of "we" instead of "me" at this stage. They learn and understand how to work together and handle differences and conflicts. Manager roles at this stage: Disagreements and conflicts can happen at this stage. The manager should help the team to resolve conflicts; facilitate agreements and behave as a supporter and mitigate issues for that team. Production Stage: The team is more knowledgeable at this stage. Both productivity and morale is high and we are able to see more trust, respect and openness one of the team members. They operate in an exceedingly smooth way. At this stage, a team can operate even with no manager, and it would be rare to hear "it will not be my job" or alternative callous responses from team members. Manager roles at the following stage: Maintaining productivity and morale is really a challenging task at this stage. Delegating lot of work and providing challenging programs would help the team to keep productivity. As per the authors, most of the teams go through the above mentioned stages. Hence the manager should determine the present stage of a company and use appropriate management style [Orientation stage: Directive Style; Dissatisfaction stage: Coach Style; Integration Stage: Supportive style and Production Stage: Delegation Style] to build up the team to build a high performance team. I would suggest this book to anyone who wants to develop his/her teams. ReferenceThe One minute Manager Builds High Performing Teams, By Ken Blanchard as well as Kenneth Blauchard, Publisher: William Morrow (September 19, 1991), ISBN-10: 0688109721
Back to top Go down
https://asus-a3.forumotion.com

Top Four Tips to build a High Performance Team
Page 1 of 1